Saturday, March 28, 2009

Uptown Diner

This place is one of my favorite places to go to when I'm up stupid early on a Saturday morning. I bring myself and a book and sit in a back corner.

There is a lovely 50's kitsch feel to the place. The food is good old fashioned diner food and the portions are in general HUGE. Even the half portions of their breakfast home specialties are good for two meals. In particular I like their treatment of the hashbrowns, though they do need additions of salt and pepper.

I've also enjoyed their wraps when I've been there on the rare lunch occasion. But I will admit my favorite thing to order when I get there is their biscuits and gravy. It's a very homestyle breakfast for me. And the eggs that come with it are always perfect for me.

It gets super crowded when it's time for regular brunch time. A tip, there WILL be a wait if the parking lot is full. The parking lot holds just about the number of people that can fit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment