Monday, February 2, 2009

French Meadow Cafe

One of my favorite restaurants, and is relatively close to me, is French Meadow Bakery and Cafe. This is a restaurant that loves to cook with organic ingredients and especially to support local farmers. They have gluten free, vegan, and kosher parve foods all available.

Every meal starts with a basket of a variety of their breads, the perfect appetizer for a bakery.

Some meals that I have had here:
  • Bison with mashed potatoes - where I was won over to bison as a most delightful upgrade from beef
  • Sweet corn arepas - vegan, but not lacking in flavor
  • Quiche - which is absurdly tall and served with salad for breakfast, a definite win
  • Butternut squash gnocchi - lighter than the traditional potato gnocchi

    I can't really say there was anything I've been disappointed with there. My experience with the wait staff has been varied when it came to their suggestions of a wine selection, but mostly the wait staff is knowledgeable.

    Also, their deserts are incredible. Especially the chocolate flourless torte. They're decadent enough though that I suggest if you go with someone you split them. Because they're not to be missed, but best to have in moderation.

    If you're there for breakfast or lunch, orders are taken at the counter and signs handed out for when the food is delivered. For dinner, starting at 5, French Meadow behaves as a traditional sit down restaurant. Weekend morning brunch gets rather packed by 10am.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment